- Sat 01/18/20 by The Cannvi Team
A Classic Treat with a Cannabic Twist
Cannabis Caramels. Besides the satisfying alliteration, these caramels are simple to make, yet tasty, edibles. They're inconspicuous and easily concealable, making them the perfect nibble for a quick pick-me-up.
These caramels can also serve as a versatile ingredient to make a variety of edibles. Add these to your chocolates or brownies for a classic thc-treat; break them into smaller pieces and enjoy a caramel crunch with some ice cream. The uses for cannabis caramels go as far as your imagination!
The cannabis caramel recipe here is basic - perfect for beginner chefs - so feel free to make any changes you see fit. We only need a few ingredients to get started.
- 1 Cup of CannaButter
- 1 Cup of Corn Syrup
- Dash of Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups of Brown Sugar
- 14oz of Condensed Milk
- 1 TSB of Vanilla
- Melt your 1 cup of cannabutter down in a medium sized pot on the stove
- Mix in a dash of salt & 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar to the cannabutter
- Mix in 14oz of condensed milk and 1 cup of corn syrup
Note: It should be noted here that you are going to want to consistently continue to stir the mixture throughout the entire process.
- Heat up on medium to high heat for around 12 to 15 minutes, or until the mixture starts to turn into a goo and harden.
- After you have a heated goo, pour in 1 tablespoon of vanilla & mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour the caramel into a 9×13 inch pan and let cool. You're done!
Note: A 9×13 inch pan is not required, but I’ve found it works best with the amount of caramel we are working with here.
- Once these are cooled, cut wrap and serve.
PRO TIP: Add coarse salt on top or drizzle them in some melted chocolate. Get creative here, the sky is the limit!